Spotlight is interested in featuring (A) research activities, (B) research publications, and (C) field notes on new or ongoing work addressing international student mobilities and higher education in a time of the pandemic. Please get in touch with and/or submit your write-up to Cheng Yi’En, firstname.lastname@example.org.
(A) Research activities | webinars, digital initiatives, workshops, conferences, and research programmes, or any other similar undertaking
- Information: title, organisers and affiliations, date and venue, and activity website (if any)
- Summary: agenda/aims, format (roundtable, sessions etc.), key discussion points
- Contribution: How this activity informs knowledge and/or scholarship on international student mobility and higher education?
(B) Research publications | journal articles/special issues, book chapters, edited volumes, and monographs, or any other similar publication undertaking
- Information: title, authors and affiliations, and DOI link
- Summary: research questions, methods/approach, key findings, and arguments
- Contribution: How this publication informs knowledge and/or scholarship on international student mobility and higher education?
(C) Research field notes | emerging observations, surprising findings, and methodological reflections
- Information: note titles, authors and affiliations
- Summary: research approach, fieldwork undertakings, preliminary observations and findings, reflections
- Contribution: How this reflection informs knowledge and/or scholarship on international student mobility and higher education?
How will a research spotlight be featured in this section?
Your research spotlight will provide three key details about the activity or published article, namely information, summary, and contribution, in about 800 words. This helps to showcase your work in an easily digestible manner. The detail on contribution that you provide will help communicate to readers the significance and novelty of your research.
- Please include all three sections (information, summary, and contribution) in your write-up.
- Please keep the write-up to a maximum word length of 800 +/-
- Please acknowledge all ideas and works that inform your writing. Hyperlink cited works to their original sources.
- Please use non-discriminatory language to address and describe all people, regardless of gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious identification, age, and physical or intellectual characteristics.
- Please include your twitter handle, if any.